Thursday, August 7, 2008

Resident kitties






These two little characters are Ripley, and Bishop. They live here full time, and they sure don't look like this anymore. I don't think I remember Ripley ever being that small, cute and sweet! Bishop is still sweet. Ripley has her moments!
Bishop was Molly's (the Dane) buddy. Bishop is still fearless, even though he never hisses or swats at anyone. He will just walk by any animal like he owns the world.

Ripley came to me by someone that said, " I know you do fostering...I found this cat..."
Well, the rest is history. We got Bishop from the shelter a few weeks later to keep Ripley company. It worked out great. We got Buck the next year, and Bentley after that. Those two are a whole other chapter!

Bishop got some weird ailment a year or so ago. The vet couldn't figure it out. We tried all sorts of things to "fix" him. He was limping, and one front leg actually started to become deformed. We were about to spend a small fortune with a bunch of tests...and my friend Shara who is a chiropractor gave him an adjustment. Within 2 days, he was back to normal! I know, it's crazy, but it worked! 1 adjustment. We think maybe Buck hurt him when they were playing or something. (Buck is much bigger than Bishop.) But now he is fine.

No comments: