Monday, August 4, 2008

The clean up...and more Robyn issues






Well, I just scrubbed the floor in the kitty room. What a mess. All clean now, drying. I have the itty bitties in my office, while the floor is drying, and they are having a grand time, knocking stuff off my desk, and wreaking havoc. All except Robyn. She is pretty lethargic. Not eating. I am concerned. Couldn't get an appointment today, so I am trying for tomorrow. She doesn't seem dehydrated, but she is not the active little kitty she was on Thursday. Hoping for the best...

I can hear her poor little stomach growling. Hopefully the kaopectate I gave her will help. She did eat a little this evening, and managed to play a little tug-o-war with the others. They got a new kitty condo. Not brand new, but new to them. I chucked the old one. It was falling apart, and smelled a little funky. They love the new one. I found Natalie in the basket, Reuben on top of the "box" and Robyn in the teepee when I came back in to check on Robyn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to get Robyn to the vet and get some thoughts on what her problem might be. Our mom cat has gotten so much better. We think that she just needed time. The little ones don't have that luxury however...

Jamie said...

Well, yeah, and the news isn't good. They think it might be panleukopenia, which is really not good news at all. I am going to keep her tonight, see how she does. She isn't eating, has bloody stool (very bloody) and is dehydrated. I have been reading up on it, and they can survive it. She is fairly alert, and so sweet...it kills me. She still loves attention and immediately starts to purr when picked up.
Keep your fingers crossed!
She is back on Metro, and I will keep giving subq as long as needed.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's not the news you want to hear. I thought panleukopenia struck very quickly, and she's been sick for awhile, right? We will certainly keep all fingers and toes crossed at our house.

Jamie said...

She has had issues for a while, but this is different, and it did happen quick. She is resting right now, but has been very loving all evening. I have her alone in my office right now. She is doing OK. Check out the photos I just took. She loves the dog, and as soon as she sees him, she starts rolling around, and rubs on him as soon as he gets close enough. I hope she gets past this. I am sure gonna do all I can.