Monday, May 23, 2011

on the move

...But I am not happy about it!

Tempest keeps moving the babies. Not a big problem, but she keeps taking them under the daybed, which has a trundle bed under it, and there is very little room, and it's hard to get them out to keep tabs and weigh them.

So, I got some heavy duty plastic sheeting, and I wrapped the base of the bed, so she couldn't get under there! Haha! I thought I was so smart! Alas, not so much. At 2:30 this morning I woke from a dead sleep..from a kitten cry! I jumped up, (almost throwing Bosley to the floor, since he was asleep on my chest) and ran to the kitten room. I looked in the "nest" and counted 2 babies, and no Tempest. Grrr. I touched one of the sleeping babies, and got the desired result. A cry. Tempest gave a low growl, and then Chaos cried, so I found him pretty easily, close to the edge. I had to pull the plastic off to get to him, and to let Tempest out! I put Chaos back in the nest and Tempest ran in immediately. I went back to bed.


At 6 AM, I got up, and checked in. Fracas was missing. Found her close to the edge, retrieved her and put her back in the nest, and went to shower. I got dressed and ready for work, and went back to the room to fix the problem.

I know now to never believe a cat can be kept out of some place it REALLY wants to be...but I HOPE I took care of it. What do you think?

Yes, it is also taped to the floor!


So, this afternoon, I decided to keep an eye on them another way.


Live video by Ustream

I know the camera isn't all that good, but for now, it's the best I have! Anyway, except for some eye goop, which seems to be better...all is well with the Whirlwinds.
You can see some eye goop on Mayhem

Everyone wants to eat.

3 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE hope she can not get them into hading again!

Lita and the boys in Melbourne said...

Cheeky mummy cat! Folks are only tryin' to help you. Relax little mother, relax. And little Bosley, watcha doin' stalking that cat nursery door? Remember when you needed extra help? Well, these are little babies with a young mother, just give them some space, yeah? Who knows, you may even get to meet them one day...

Jamie said...

So far, Tempest seems ok to leave the babies be. I fixed her a little place to hide when she is not with the babies, so hopefully that will keep her happy!